About BGMC:Blender Game Making Challenge is a game development event for users of Blender 3D and its Game Engine. Participants are presented with a challenge to develop a game in a given time frame (usually 7 days). This is a great opportunity for future Blender GE users to learn how to use the BGE from other developers.
Blender Game Making Challenge was founded by Josip Kladarić in August of 2011 and was originally called the Blender Weekend Game Making Challenge. Since then the BGMC has grown significantly is size and importance.
This blog is used to announce themes and developers for each challenge, to present finished games so users can vote for the best one and post reviews.
- All challenges start on Mondays ( That way the developers have the weekend to fix bugs, polish the game and upload it ) (This rule may change if the organizer find a better day).
- The challenge starts when the theme is announced and lasts 7 days.
- Make a WIP thread for your game in the Game Engine WIP Subforum. ( Keep the community involved in your development process, they will connect with your game and give you useful feedback )
- Use the latest stable release of Blender 3D unless otherwise instructed before the challenge starts.
- You can use any publicly available resources to speed up the development but you must declare what are you using and where can others get it. ( Don't use resources you don't have the legal rights to )
- You are allowed to use any personal code library you might have but it should be declared and shared before the challenge starts.
- When you finish your game, make sure to include all your external resources ( textures, sounds ) before submitting your game.
Rules may change.
To keep the community updated on your progress, you should use this subforum on the BA forum.
Just create a thread named like: BGMC 'challenge number' | 'name of your game'.
So it would be something like: 'BGMC 3 | Backyard Baseball'. If Backyard Baseball is the name of your game, and if its the third challenge.
Each challenge will have a theme, and the theme is picked by the winner of the previous challenge. The theme will be announced on Monday morning and the challenge then starts.
If you want to participate in a challenge, all you need to do is to think of a game inspired by the theme of the challenge, make a wip thread with a short description of what you plan to make and start developing. You should take some time during the week to post updates.
A game will be called finished if its source,description and screenshot are submitted in the WIP thread.
Use the thread you created to submit these files.
Games will then be collected by the authors of this blog and we will post screenshots, descriptions, videos and setup a voting thread ( or other system of voting/rating ).
If you don't want your game to be posted on this blog please make sure to write so in your WIP thread, you have the right to do so, its your game.
Updated June 2013